I decided to do a little sewing yesterday and made a handbag. I didn’t use a pattern, I just went with the flow and created as I went. I used some of the “3 cats” remnant I got at JoAnn’s a bit ago. And, I had some orange-ish bubble material I thought went pretty good for the lining. I had just enough of the bubble material to make pockets inside on both sides of the handbag. I really like how it turned out.
The finished measurements are 10 1/2″ H x 4″D x 12″W (at top) & 9 1/2″W (at bottom). I added a couple of little pleats on both sides. The only thing I don’t like is that it is more like a tote than a handbag. I didn’t have anything to use as a closure and I didn’t feel like putting velcro at the top. I also prefer 2 handles to the one. I may just give it to one of my granddaughters when they come for a visit this summer. I guess I best get busy and make another one for the other granddaughter who will be coming at the same time.