I am pleased to announce that my Disappearing 9 Patch quilt is completed!
Update 7: Quilt is finished!
It took a little bit to get the layers all together nice and smooth, pinned and quilted. I do not have a fancy machine, but it works. I sew on a Brother that I got at Costco a couple of years ago. This is the first quilt I have completed using this machine. I had to replace my old faithful Singer I had for a good 30 some years. I was drooling and dreaming the other day about upgrading to a fancier machine, but that will be another post. This machine did take some getting used to, but I managed. My next quilt will be a little easier to make now that I have worked out most of the kinks.
Today was spent working on the binding. It took 6 1/2 strips of fabric. I learned something new about connecting the ends of your binding while constructing this quilt that I sure wish I knew sooner. It sure would have been helpful. There are many different techniques out there that hopefully come to the same conclusion, but I found Heather Mulder Peterson’s Binding Tips to be the easiest and quickest. And, it works! You can’t tell where I started or stopped sewing on the binding thanks to her technique. Heather’s blog is called Trends and Traditions. Along with designing quilts, she is also a beautiful knitter.
I really like how it turned out. It is not perfect, but it is perfect for my sewing room! I am already planning my next quilt.